Allsortz at the Mansion!
• Colchester and Ipswich Museums
• Allsortz group
• Pamela Harling-Challis
• Kimberley Moore
Over a period of four sessions on Saturday’s the group explored and interpreted Christchurch Mansion. For this project we had the group split into the groups they work in normally so that we could get more age specific interpretation. The first session they explored the Mansion and all the things they said were noted down. Over the next three sessions the two groups worked on their interpretation and this whole process was filmed. The younger group wrote and recorded a song from how they felt in the space. The older group worked on a series of performances using the space and singing adapted songs. At the end it was a successful project with the young people feeling comfortable in the space and visiting in between sessions.
For more information on the Allsortz group please click here
- To reinterpret Christchurch Mansion from the perspective of young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- To produce a guide by and for people with Autism Spectrum Disorders to use in Christchurch Mansion
- To create an exhibition based on what has happened and been created in this project
- To feel comfortable and work in a museum space
- To create mini-performances in and around Christchurch Mansion inspired by Christchurch Mansion including a documentary about the project
- To raise awareness amongst the staff about Autism